Recommending Cannabis in Virginia

In order to complete a written certification in Virginia, a physician must be:

  • Licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine or
  • A neurologist or specializes in the treatment of epilepsy.

As of 2018, doctors may recommend for any condition previously expanding the program which only allowed for intractable epilepsy patients. 


Certification for the use of Cannabidiol or THC-A Oil