Events ASA Calendar of Advocacy Events
Tune in Wednesday, Oct. 24, as Michelle Newhart, PhD and William Dolphin discuss their new book, The Medicalization of Marijuana: Legitimacy, Stigma, and the Patient Experience. Learn what their research on mid-life patients in Colorado reveals about what it means to participate in a state medical cannabis program. Hear how patient experiences with medical cannabis fit with that of other medicines -- and don’t -- and hear how that's changing as medicalization marches forward alongside competing "recreational" definitions that complicate the issue. The webinar covers:
- Challenges in sorting accurate information about cannabis
- Trends indoctor-patient interactions around cannabis
- Patterns formanaging medical cannabis use, and defining what is "medical"
- Differences between medical and non-medical patterns of use
- Risks to patients and how theycombat stigma
- Cannabis in the context of medicine, health, and Big Pharma
This free webinar will be live Wednesday, October 24, at 8:30pm Eastern (5:30 Pacific).
There are limited slots and you must register to attend. Registered attendees will also receive a discount code for the book.
Method Validation Webinar
Patient Focused Certification
Presented by Heather Despres, the Director of Patient Focused Certification this FREE webinar will review what method validation is, how method validation can be achieved, and how method validation is necessary for many different types of operations. We will also review how validation fits into a well-rounded quality system and discuss strategies for validating various processes. This webinar will be live on November 7th at 5 PM Eastern time.
For instructions to join this online presentation please RSVP below.