Recommending Cannabis in Utah

Physicians, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, and physician assistants who are licensed to prescribe a controlled substance will be allowed to recommend medical cannabis treatment for their patients. Providers must register as a qualified medical provider through an Electronic Verification System (EVS) established by the UDOH. The EVS will be operational by March 1, 2020.


Utah Department of Health

Hemp Extract Registry – Frequently Asked Questions

Hemp Extract Registry – Written Certification Form

Hemp Extract Registry – Initial Patient Evaluation Form

Hemp Extract Registry – Patient Application