While 90% of Americans support medical cannabis generally, unless you are a medical cannabis patient, you probably don’t understand the nuisances of medical cannabis policy. That is why medical cannabis patient advocacy is so important. It is up to us continue to inform policymakers that we still need their help and to keep issues facing medical cannabis in the public discourse.
There is no major conspiracy against medical cannabis. The reality is that cannabis policy is complicated, and we have yet to create a federal program that can effectively regulate medical cannabis and foster its evolution.
Imagine a world where your medicine is covered by health insurance, where your doctor can write a prescription, where you don’t have to worry about traveling, or applying for a job, or loosing benefits. Imagine a world where you can work with your doctor to find a cannabis product that works for you, that you can always find that product and that it is the same product every time. Imagine a world where your loved ones can talk openly with their medical professionals at every level of care about cannabis therapeutics even during hospitalization and during hospice.
That world is possible, but only if we keep fighting for a change in federal law.
We can only pass federal legislation and improve state programs with your help!
This is how you can help…
- Know the issues: Utilize ASA’s resources to arm yourself with the facts, tools and skills to be power patient advocate!
- Tell the Biden Administration to create a federal medical cannabis program.
- Become a medical cannabis advocate! Sign up to get alerts about upcoming actions and make sure you visit our Take Action section to participate in ASA campaigns.
- Support Americans for Safe Access
- Educate your local cannabis businesses and organizations about ASA and thank ASA sponsors and partners for their support
- Join an ASA chapter or affiliate
Resources for Advocates
Airshred for ASA
Contact Your Elected Officials
Share this page