To become a Patient in Puerto Rico, you must first visit your doctor and obtain a medical recommendation for one of the qualifying conditions listed below. After your doctor has recommended cannabis for you, register via the Cannabis licensing website. The process should only take a few minutes. Simply fill out any pertinent information, and attach your doctor's recommendation and a 2x2 photo for the card.
If you are diagnosed with one of the following conditions, you may be eligible for physician certification as a patient in Puerto Rico:
- Hepatitis C
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Anxiety Disorders
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Bipolar disorder
- Another condition that causes cachexia, chronic pain, severe nausea, or persistent muscle spasms
- Degenerative diseases such as: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Multiple Sclerosis
- Incurable and advanced diseases that require palliative care
- Cancer and Cancer Chemotherapy Treatment
- HIV-positive disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Benefits of Being a Patient:
As a registered patient in Puerto Rico you will have an affirmative defense in court if you are arrested for the possession of cannabis.
Out of State Patients:
Puerto Rico recognizes medical cannabis registrations from other states. For more information about traveling as a medical cannabis patient, check out our Travel Guide.
Share this page