- Get Informed Get Informed
- Get Involved Get Involved
- News News
Make a difference for medical cannabis in California
Americans for Safe Access (ASA) is hosting our annual California Citizen Lobby Day on Monday, May 23rd, in Sacramento. This is your chance to talk face-to-face with lawmakers and staff about medical cannabis issues that affect you and your loved ones –
- Discrimination in employment, housing, access to health care, and more
- Bills that will turn legal patients into criminals for driving, even if they are not impaired
- Excessive taxation on medical cannabis use and cultivation – including an additional 15% tax on medicine
- Proposed changes to the state’s new commercial licensing program
If medical cannabis is important to you, register today for the California Citizen Lobby Day on May 23rd. ASA will make appointments for you at your Assembly and Senate offices when you sign up.
Why does it matter? I am going to be talking a lot more about that in a live Google Hangout entitled “Medicine for Real” at 8:00 PM PT on Monday, May 9. Log into Google+ a little before 8:00 PM on Monday to join the interactive broadcast, or watch live on YouTube.
Research and experience show that in-person visits from stakeholders like you are six times more likely to influence an undecided lawmaker than a visit from a paid lobbyist. That means you can have a big effect on the future of medical cannabis in California.
Please register now, so that we have time to make appointments for you. Special guest speakers will include –
- Lori Ajax – Chief of the Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation
- An-Chi Tsou – Senior Policy Analyst at the Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation
- Steph Sherer – Executive Director of Americans for Safe Access
- Don Duncan – California Director of Americans for Safe Access
The lobby day includes a continental breakfast, a comprehensive legislative briefing, citizen lobbyist training, and materials to share with your lawmakers (including a place for your personal comments).
We are requesting a $40 donation to cover the cost of the venue, catering, materials, and other expenses. However, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. Participants are invited to join us for a special VIP Reception with lawmakers at the Hyatt Regency Hotel after the lobby day. Check out the schedule and details online… and be sure to get signed up!
Can you help promote the lobby day? You can download a poster here. Email [email protected] or call (916) 449-3975 to find out where you can pick up full-color fliers to share. There are also sponsorship opportunities available.
Thanks to our early sponsors for helping to get the ball rolling – The Armstrong Family Trust, PRD Consulting, LLC, and Sugarleaf Professional Services, Inc.
I look forward to talking more with you about lobby day on Monday night, and to seeing you in Sacramento for the California Citizen Lobby Day on May 23rd.
Thank you for being a part of it!
Share this page