Michelle Newhart, PhD and William Dolphin discuss their new book, The Medicalization of Marijuana: Legitimacy, Stigma, and the Patient Experience. Learn what their research on mid-life patients in Colorado reveals about what it means to participate in a state medical cannabis program. Hear how patient experiences with medical cannabis fit with that of other medicines -- and don’t -- and hear how that's changing as medicalization marches forward alongside competing "recreational" definitions that complicate the issue.
The webinar covers:
- Challenges in sorting accurate information about cannabis
- Trends in doctor-patient interactions around cannabis
- Patterns for managing medical cannabis use, and defining what is "medical"
- Differences between medical and non-medical patterns of use
- Risks to patients and how they combat stigma
- Cannabis in the context of medicine, health, and Big Pharma
Share this page