Hey California! We're Coming to a City Near You.
August 01, 2016 | @TalanaLattimer
With the passage of Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act (MMRSA), California’s medical cannabis industry is now moving into a state licensing program. Voters will also be deciding on yet another major regulatory bill, Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA) in November. Both laws include robust product safety protocols as well as a new licensing program.
Patient Focused Certification, a project of Americans for Safe Access is hosting an educational tour for the California medical cannabis industry to help demystify the regulations that will come from Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation (BMMR) and give practical advice for business to meet and exceed these requirements.
Our mission is to help companies surpass regulatory compliance. PFC staff have been working with governments for over 14 years to develop laws and regulations for the the medical cannabis industry. As well as with the American Herbal Products Association and the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia to create industry standards. Which have now been adopted in 16 states.
Whether you are currently a part of the medical cannabis industry or hoping to apply for a medical cannabis license this event is for you! Attendees will learn the general regulatory requirements for manufacturing, cultivation, dispensing, and laboratory operations as well as operating procedures, policies, and training recommended for each operation. PFC staff will demystify regulatory inspection, help you prepare your business and provide practical steps to reduce company liability with the industry's industry best practices.
- Welcome Reception
- Trends in cannabis industry regulations nationwide
- Impact of MMRSA and the AUMA on California’s medical cannabis industry
- Preparing for Regulatory Compliance
This California tour will take place in 11 cities across the state. Want to attend? Register today for the city closest to YOU!
- Hopland: August 28th, 2-5 pm
- Sacramento: August 29th, 6-9 pm
- San Jose: August 30th, 6-9 pm
- Monterey/Santa Cruz: August 31st, 6-9 pm
- Oakland: September 1st, 6-9 pm
- Humboldt County: September 10th, 2-5 pm
- Trinity County: September 11th, 2-5 pm
- San Diego: September 12th, 6-9 pm
- Los Angeles: September 13th, 6-9 pm
- Riverside: September 14th, 6-9 pm
- Fresno: September 15th, 6-9 pm