Hosted by the Council for Federal Cannabis Regulation and originally recorded on July 28, 2022.
Regulatory and legal barriers to medical cannabis research pose a public health problem. Currently, the United States lacks basic, clinical, and public health research on the health effects of cannabis use. This means that doctors and patients do not have the information they need to best understand the potential benefits and consequences of cannabis use. This leaves many searching for answers and creates a lot of confusion about what is fact and what is fiction. This webinar will help sort what we know from what we don’t know. CFCR has assembled a panel of experts to help participants better understand viable treatment options, effective treatments, and what research still needs to be done to ensure public health and safety. Additionally, this webinar will help to inform policy makers who may be hindered from developing evidence-based policies, and health care organizations and insurance providers who still lack a basis knowledge about medical cannabis use, which have prevented them from revising their care and coverage policies.
- Dr. Susan Weiss, Director of the Division of Extramural Research at NIDA
- Steph Sherer, Founder and President, Americans for Safe Access
- Dr. Jordan Tishler, President, Association of Cannabinoid Specialists
- Sarah A. Chase, Executive Director, Council for Federal Cannabis Regulation
- Jack Jacobson, Advisor, Thompson Coburn LLP
Share this page