By Johnny Green for Weed News
Americans for Safe Access, a national nonprofit dedicated to ensuring safe and legal access to cannabis for therapeutic use and research, filed a petition with the Department of Justice (DOJ) today demanding that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) immediately update misinformation about cannabis. The petition is being filed under the rules of the Information Quality Act (IQA, aka Data Quality Act), which requires administrative agencies to devise guidelines that ensure the “quality, objectivity, utility, and integrity of information” they distribute and to “[e]stablish administrative mechanisms allowing affected persons to seek and obtain correction of information maintained and disseminated by the agency that does not comply with the guidelines."
To find out more please take a look at our blog: safeaccessnow.org/iqa
- View the petition here: safeaccessnow.org/doj_iqa
- For more information on the Information Quality Act: safeaccessnow.org/what_is_the_information_quality_act
- Denial of Petition to Initiate Proceedings to Reschedule Marijuana: safeaccessnow.org/dea_denial
- DEA’s The Dangers and Consequences of Marijuana Abuse: safeaccessnow.org/dea_danger
- DEA’s Drugs of Abuse: safeaccessnow.org/dea_abuse