The Medicalization of Marijuana Webinar
Tune in Wednesday, Oct. 24, as Michelle Newhart, PhD and William Dolphin discuss their new book, The Medicalization of Marijuana: Legitimacy, Stigma, and the Patient Experience. Learn what their research on mid-life patients in Colorado reveals about what it means to participate in a state medical cannabis program. Hear how patient experiences with medical cannabis fit with that of other medicines -- and don’t -- and hear how that's changing as medicalization marches forward alongside competing "recreational" definitions that complicate the issue. The webinar covers:
- Challenges in sorting accurate information about cannabis
- Trends indoctor-patient interactions around cannabis
- Patterns formanaging medical cannabis use, and defining what is "medical"
- Differences between medical and non-medical patterns of use
- Risks to patients and how theycombat stigma
- Cannabis in the context of medicine, health, and Big Pharma
This free webinar will be live Wednesday, October 24, at 8:30pm Eastern (5:30 Pacific).
There are limited slots and you must register to attend. Registered attendees will also receive a discount code for the book.