Workshop: Improve Analysis and Quality Control of Cannabis Products Using Complementary Analytical Techniques
A Hands-on workshop Supported by Grace Discovery Sciences. Instructed by Jahan Marcu, ASA Chief Auditor.
The legalization of medical and/or recreational marijuana has created a need for accurate and reliable testing to ensure consumer safety. Various trade organizations have established standards for identification, analysis, and quality control. Cannabis edibles and topical products present a challenge, as the nature of the matrices can cause interference in instrumental analyses.
In this workshop you will learn how flash chromatography, equipped with universal detection technology, can address quality control challenges by offering a more efficient way to isolate cannabinoids and other compounds of interest from complex matrices. Get hands-on experience using flash in conjunction with other analytical techniques to remove matrix interferences, quantify low level cannabinoid in edibles and topicals, and create your own reference standards.
Workshop Topics: (8:30am- 5pm)
- Welcome and introduction
- Cannabis potency testing challenges with infused cannabis products
- Review of analytical techniques: Flash and HPLC
- Lab practical: Isolation of cannabinoids in edibles
- Lab practical: Quantitative analysis of isolated fractions using HPLC to determine potency
- Lab practical: Isolation of cannabinoids from extract to generate authentic reference standards
- Wrap up and review
Who Should Attend?
- Analytical Testing Laboratory personnel
- Method development chemists
- QA/QC managers
- Cannabis Research scientists
- State regulatory compliance personnel
ASA Chief Scientist, PFC Auditor & Author of the American Herbal Pharmacopeia Cannabis Monograph
- $395 - Workshop Registration Ticket (early bird pricing)
- $595 – Workshop Registration Ticket (After August 10th)
PFC companies and clients can apply educational credits to PFC Certification.
15405 SE 37th St
Bellevue, WA 98006
Google map and directions