Submit testimony for medical cannabis hearing in Hawaii on February 7th
The Hawaiian House of Representatives Committees on Health and Judiciary are having a hearing on 5 medical cannabis bills on Saturday, February 7th.
If you can make the hearing tomorrow, please prepare some testimony to submit in person. But even if you can't make the hearing, please try to submit written testimony! The list of the 5 bills is below and there are even links to talking points for you to base your testimony on. If you are giving oral testimony and would like assistance preparing: Please go to room 423 (4th floor) at 9:00 A.M.
THE FIVE BILLS:
HB321 Establishes a system of medical marijuana dispensaries and production centers. Based on the recommendations of the Dispensary Task Force (HCR 48).
Talking points 321
HB788 Authorizes the cultivation of medical marijuana and prohibits the infusion of trademarked products.
Talking points 788
HB1455 Allows a qualifying patient or primary caregiver to transfer plants or plant materials to another qualifying patient/caregiver. Increases the allowable amount of marijuana and the patient to caregiver ratio.
Talking points 1455
HB794 Provides that a physician may determine what medical conditions qualify a patient to use medical marijuana.
Talking points 794
HB795 Prohibits an employer from disciplining, suspending, discharging or discriminating against an employee who is a qualified medical marijuana patient--based solely on a positive marijuana drug test.
Talking points 795
- Please read the HEARING NOTICE for instructions on ADDRESSING and submitting your testimony. Please keep in mind that written testimony will be available to the public.
- Need help writing a letter? Click HERE for help from the Public Access Room.
- You can SUBMIT your testimony to the State Legislature website HERE.
- Please give at least 24 hours notice if you require special assistance or auxiliary aids and/or services to participate. You may contact the Committee Clerk at (808) 586-9425 or Read the hearing notice for more details.
- Need a Parking Guide? (Don't forget to bring quarters for street parking)
*Big thanks to Drug Policy Forum, Medical Cannabis Coalition of Hawaii and Fresh Approach Hawaii for organizing testimony and talking points for this hearing! For more info about them, contact Wendy Gibson at (808) 853-3231.
Share this page