Recommending Cannabis in Alaska

Medical professionals recommending medical cannabis must be physicians either be licensed to practice medicine in the state of Alaska or must be an officer in the regular medical service of the armed forces of the United States or the United States Public Health Service while in the discharge of their official duties, or while volunteering services without pay or other remuneration to a hospital, clinic, medical office, or other medical facility in Alaska.

Qualify conditions include: Cancer, Glaucoma, HIV or AIDS, or to treat any of the following symptoms that are caused by a chronic or debilitating disease, or a treatment of such disease: cachexia, severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, or persistent muscle spasms. The Department of Health and Social Services may expand this list.

Forms need by physicians can be found on page 4 of this form.

For more information contact Bureau of Vital Statistics at (907) 465‐5423