Pages tagged "register to vote"
- Message from the CA Director: Are you ready for November 4?
- State & Local News: California, Lake County, Mendocino County, Anaheim, San Diego, San Jose,
- Public Meetings & Events: Redlands, Fresno, online, and more
- Court Support: Oroville, Redding, and more
- Take Action Now: Register to Vote, Support the Medical Marijuana Organ Transplant Act, and more
- ASA Website Spotlight: Vote Medical Marijuana 2014
- Chapter & Affiliate Meetings: San Francisco and Nevada County
Today is the deadline to register to vote at your current address for the November 4 election. Are you registered? It matters.Read more
Americans for Safe Access (ASA) urges everyone to register to vote on or before Monday, October 18, the deadline to register for the November mid-term elections in most states. You can get a voter registration card in most Post Offices, or contact local officials. We need everyone out at the polls this year! Voters in several states will cast ballots on medical cannabis issues this year. Arizona voters will have a chance to approve a medical cannabis initiative that fixes wording flaws in the state's 1996 initiative that left it unenforceable. Voters in Oregon will decide on an initiative to make dispensing centers legal. South Dakotans have a chance to establish protections for patients. And in California, the low-profile race for attorney general has high stakes for safe access, as one candidate supports statewide standards for collectives, while the other has vowed to arrest operators, even those in compliance with all local regulations. Voters in California and Colorado will have to decide on dozens of local ballot measures that will tax, regulate, or ban access to medicine. Check with you local voting officials to see if your city has medical cannabis on the ballot.