Pages tagged "MMRSA"
California lawmakers are moving quickly to correct a drafting error in the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act (MMRSA), a trio of bills that will finally license and regulate commercial medical cannabis activity in the state. However, lawmakers are overlooking a serious issue in the bill that directly affects individual patient-cultivators and primary caregivers.
Americans for Safe Access (ASA), the nation’s leading medical cannabis patients’ advocacy organization, is calling on lawmakers to remove licensing requirements from the MMRSA that apply to some personal non-commercial cultivation of medical cannabis. Otherwise, the MMRSA could become an obstacle to personal cultivation – a historic cornerstone of California’s twenty-year old medical cannabis program.
Pictured: California Assembly Member Jim Wood (Dem-Santa Rosa)Read more
Contents (Scroll down for details and links):
- October 14, 2015 – Halloween Costume Contest at the Sacramento NORML Meeting (Sacramento)
- October 15, 2015 – Live Google Hangout: What’s Next for Medical Cannabis… Regulation, Legalization, and More (Online)
- October 17, 2015 - Ventura ASA at Ojai Day (Ojai)
- October 17, 2015 – Know Your Rights, Citizen Advocate Trainings, & More (Arcata)
- March 18-22, 2016 –National Medical Cannabis Unity Conference (Washington, DC)
- October 15, 2015 - Court Support for Rick Gromel and LaPrill O’Brien (Pomona)
Take Action Now
- Pardon the Kettle Falls Five (National)
- Like Our New FaceBook Page (California)
ASA Website Spotlight
- Local Access Project
- California Campaign for Safe Access
Chapter & Affiliate Meetings
- October 14, 2015 – Sacramento NORML (Sacramento)
The Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act will license and regulate commercial medical cannabis activity in California
California Governor Jerry Brown signed three historic bills today that will finally license and regulate commercial medical cannabis activity in the state. Known collectively as the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act (MMRSA), the bills create a legal framework for medical cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, transportation, sales, and testing. ASA has been working on state regulations since 2012, because our research and experience show that sensible regulations are good for legal patients and communities. AB 243, AB 266, and SB 643 are a big step forward for patients, industry, other medical cannabis stakeholders, and community members.
So now what? Please join ASA California Director Don Duncan on a live Google Hangout on Thursday, October 15, at 8:00 PM PT for a broadcast entitled “What’s Next for Medical Cannabis… Regulation, Legalization, and More.” You can participate in the broadcast using Google+ (you must install free software) or watch without the interactive features on YouTube (no software to install).Read more